We are hiring: An Accountant
General Accountant – Law Firm
McNeney McNeney Spieker LLP
Full Time – Permanent
Who We are
McNeney McNeney Spieker, located in downtown Vancouver, is one of Western Canada’s most active Civil Litigation law firms. Specializing in insurance and personal injury litigation, we have assisted thousands of clients throughout the last 30+ years, which encompasses developing client and service provider relationship over several years for each client. As such, our accounting department is not only central to all aspects of our cases but there are key aspects of relationship building with client’s, our service providers, and our staff, which make this dynamic position more than just working on financial accounts. We are known for being advocates for the rights of insurance claimants, motorcyclists and cyclists, and personal litigants in British Columbia which lends itself to our team being passionate about helping individuals.
Our people are our culture, and our culture is being connected. Every staff member on our team approaches their day to day work with a customer-service oriented priority ensuring that our clients are treated fairly both by the courts and their insurers. This appreciation continues throughout our internal staff communication and interaction. We offer a dynamic, collaborative and professional environment. Our staff often participates in local events, and our firm is involved in donating to charities and other initiatives that support the rights of not only our clients but the general public. We take pride in our community involvement.
We are currently seeking a full-time General Accountant for our firm to handle our day to day accounting requirements and bookkeeping.
We provide, in addition to a competitive base salary:
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunities for growth and development, as well as community involvement
- A generous vacation allotment
- Negotiable work hours
- An office with respective policies relating to the current health crisis
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of client disbursements by reviewing proper supporting documents and approvals
- Review and complete daily rush payments
- Manage and reconcile petty cash
- Assist the team with filing cheques and backups, and sending them to offsite storage at year end
- Manage A/R postings and investigations
- Check each General Bank account for NSF cheques, returned items, direct deposits, service charges and responding as necessary
- Manage credit card deposits
- Sending reminder statements and soft collection calls
- Assist with administration and miscellaneous accounts clean up
- WIP follow up, clean up and write off – making sure adequate approvals are provided
- A/R follow up, clean up and write off – making sure adequate approvals are provided
- Other ad hoc duties depending on the volume
- You are self motivated
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in General accounting
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- MS Office (Excel) and knowledge of accounting software
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping principles and procedures
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- PC Law experience
- Trust accounting experience
- Prior experience in a legal setting preferred
Interested? Apply by filling out the form below.
"I am incredibly grateful for everything. Martin Spieker is a brilliant lawyer, and at the beginning while I may have gotten the sentiment from Martin that my case as a waste of time and money, he didn’t let that stop him. His knowledge, expertise, and willingness to GRIND for me eventually did work by focussing on a different approach of the case; and it worked by much more than I could have ever hoped for. Martin’s assistant was the most amazing assistant. She helped bring clarity to times of confusion and was fast and efficient with everything that had to be done. She also showed compassion and patient when needed, as there were plenty of times where I was wiping my tears either on the phone with her or in person. I thank the firm for allowing my case to be taken, and for fronting all the monetary expenses prior to the settlement, even though it took time."
AF, Personal Injury Client